“Let the Word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.” Colossians 3:16
The mission of the Music Conservatory is to build students’ biblical convictions as to what constitutes Christ-honoring music, to develop and refine the God-given musical abilities of students, and to provide opportunities to employ both their convictions and abilities, all to the glory of God.
In 2006, the Crown Music Conservatory was founded on the campus of The Crown College of the Bible. Students studying in the Music Ministry program and in the Secondary Education program (music education proficiency) have the opportunity to develop their personal musical skills, whether vocal or instrumental, while learning effective methods of teaching students of varying ages and skill levels.
In addition to this emphasis on the development of personal skill and pedagogical methods, all Conservatory students are led to build a theology of music, based not on personal style or preference, but on the unchanging principles of God’s Word.
To register for instrumental or voice lessons, click the button below.
Opportunities at the Conservatory
- Private lessons are available in voice, piano, and organ; as well as brass, woodwind, and string instruments.
- Conservatory students are actively involved in The Crown College of the Bible Choir and Orchestra, including an annual presentation of Handel’s Messiah.
- Students participate in seasonal vocal and instrumental recitals.
- Piano students have access to our new Kawai pianos and the Yamaha-equipped Clavinova piano lab.
Distinctives of the Conservatory
- The Conservatory operates within the structure of a Bible College committed to the “old paths” in both faith and practice.
- Conservatory instructors have years of training and experience, actively serving in the music ministry of a Bible-believing church.
- The Christian Heritage Center provides students the opportunity to study surrounded by resources chronicling the lives of history’s greatest musicians.
- The music ministry of the Temple Baptist Church and music classes of the Temple Baptist Academy provide varied opportunities to apply classroom lessons.
The Elite Performing Instrument Collection (EPIC) program, also known as The EPIC Partnership, is a unique institutional program made possible by the Shigeru Kawai Endowment. The Crown College has had the privilege to partner with E.P.I.C. since 2018.